What is a work permit?

A work permit is a document that authorizes a foreigner to work legally in Poland.

The permit indicates the company that entrusts the execution of work to the foreigner and the position or the type of work which the foreigner is to perform. The work is therefore regarded as legal only if the foreigner performs the work identified in the permit.

This means that if the foreigner wants to change jobs (i.e. change employer and / or position and / or industry) in which he is employed, he has to obtain a new permit. However, there are some circumstances in which the permit remains valid despite a change in the circumstances for which it has been issued.

The permit is valid for the period for which it was issued. The term of validity of the permit is indicated on the document.

A work permit is required both for taking up employment on the basis of an employment contract as well as civil law contracts.

The permit is issued by the Voivode competent for the seat / place of residence of the employer.

If a person wants to legally reside and work in the Republic of Poland, he needs a special employment visa. One of such documents is a national employment annual visa belonging to the category D 07 with a voivodeship invitation.

A voivodeship invitation to work means that the owner has an officially confirmed invitation for employment within the territory of the Republic of Poland.

The place of exact registration of the person is indicated in the invitation. Basically, it is the address of the hosted person, registration address of the employer.

The voivodeship invitation gives the owner the following advantages as listed below:

A person has the legal right to live and work for a whole calendar year (360) in Poland;

90 days in half a year the owner of this visa has the legal right to stay in the Schengen zone countries (the control of stay in these countries is almost not real, since there are no clear boundaries);

In connection with the subordination of the consul to voivode, a person will not receive a refusal to provide a visa document.

Note! The owner of the voivodeship invitation is exempt from the consular fee. Visa D 07 cancels previously issued Schengen and Polish visas. For this purpose, when submitting documents, a special dissolving statement should be written.

Who can invite for work?

An invitation from a voivode to work in Poland has the right to issue the following subjects:

Organization, firm, enterprise that need the services of foreign citizens;

Citizens from the territory of the European Union, Poland, who live in the territory of the state;

Foreigners living in the territory of the Republic of Poland for more than 5 years