We are the leading law firm in Turkey advising on Turkish Citizenship by Investment and Global Citizenship and Residency by Investment Programs.
As Ketenci&Ketenci, we are a leading Turkish law firm working internationally. We have a vast Turkish immigration and corporate law experience. We understand each of our clients’ specific requirements, compelling needs and provide advice accordingly, in line with the Turkish immigration law. As highly experienced immigration lawyers and attorneys in Turkey, we can thoroughly advise you to obtain Turkish Citizenships by Investment together with your family members.
We have been advising our respected clients on the Turkish Citizenship by Investment (TCBI) since January 2017, the introduction of the program by the Turkish government. Over the years, we have advised and represented Investors globally from around the World, and successfully obtained Turkish Citizenships for our Clients so far, having different background and a variety of nations including Pakistan, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Algeria, Egypt, Palestine, Morocco, Syria, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Algeria, Malaysia, Bangladesh as well as the Asian Countries; China, India, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, and from the West : US, UK, Canada, Italy, Sweden, Switzerland, France, Greece, Portugal, Poland as well as the Carebbean Countries, the CIS Countries: Russia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, and also from African nations: Nigeria, Ivory Coast, South Africa and other jurisdictions. We have successfully assisted more than 300 Clients so far and obtained Turkish Citizenships by investment for them and their families.
We advise thoroughly on Turkish Citizenship by Investment application, and conduct and follow up all the necessary steps very diligently for all our clients including bank account openings, property review and property sale transactions, and other compelling tasks in Turkey.
As highly experienced Turkish citizenship and residency lawyers, we are pleased to offer our advice to our Clients for them to obtain Turkish citizenship by investment in 2020.
Turkish Citizenship by Investment Program Rules
The Regulation Regarding Application of Turkish Citizenship Code was recently amended on 18th September 2018. In line with the new regulations in Turkish immigration law, foreign persons who would satisfy one of the below mentioned investment requirements are able to obtain Turkish Citizenships together with their family members:
- Option (A) stipulates that a minimum amount of property investment shall be made for $250.000 USD (or the equal value in Turkish Lira), on the condition to not sell the property within the next 3 years. The minimum investment amount was reduced from $1m USD to $250k USD.
- Option (B) foresees to Deposit $500.000 USD in cash (or the equal value in Turkish Lira, Euros or other currency) with a condition to keep the monies at least for 3 years in one of the Turkish Banks.
- Option (C) requires that a fixed capital investment shall be made minimum of $500.000 USD (or the equal value in Turkish Liras). This investment shall be confirmed by the Turkish Ministry of Industry and Technology.
- Option (D) indicates that Turkish Citizenship could be obtained with the purchase of Turkish Government Bonds and Bills of $500.000 USD on the condition to hold them for at least 3 years. This investment shall be confirmed by the Ministry of Treasury and Finance of Turkey.
- Option (E), foresees that it is also possible to acquire Turkish Citizenship by making an investment into a Turkish real estate investment trust, or alternatively with purchasing the shares of a Turkish Venture Capital Investment Fund with a minimum amount of $500.000 USD.
This means it is possible to obtain Turkish Citizenship by Investment for the Investor (Main Applicant) as well as for family members: spouse (wife/husband) and children below 18 years old with proceeding with one of the abovementioned investment options.
Turkish Citizenship by Investment Process at a Glance:
Turkish Citizenship by Investment procedures will usually proceed
- Obtaining new Turkish Tax ID Numbers
- Opening a new Bank Account in Turkey
- Identifying the Investment Property with our Real Estate Team
- Issuance of the PoA (Power of Attorney)
- Depositing the Invesment Amounts
- Finalising the sale; registration of the property
- Preparation of the Required Documents
- Obtaining Turkish PR (Short-term Turkish Residency Permit)
- Submitting Turkish Citizenship Applications
- Submitting Fingerprints (biometrics)
- Collection of new Turkish ID Cards & 10 Year Valid Turkish Passports.
How long does it take to obtain Turkish Citizenship?
Once after the investment is completed, and post-investment works are duly done, then the acquisition of official Turkish Citizenship status takes formally around 3-4 months at the most. This would be followed by the issuance of new Turkish ID Cards and Turkish Passports for all family members within 1 week only.
Benefits of Turkey Second Citizenship Program & Turkish Passport at a glance:
- Turkish citizenship granted to all family members following submission of the documents and quick background check
- Turkish Passport delivered quickly within 3-6 months only
- You can have a solid investment with regular income and at the same time you can obtain one of the most sought citizenships in the World
- No Minimum Residency required in Turkey
- Ownership of one of the Top Passports in the World
- Turkish passport has 10 year validity and is renewable for life
- Visa Free Travel for 116 countries
- US E2 Treaty Country; Easy to obtain US Residency after obtaining Turkish Citizenship
- UK Turkish Business Person Visa: Turkish Citizens can easily relocate inside the UK as well as EU countries vis a vis Ankara Agreement
- Full Free Medical assistance for life for all family members in Turkish State Hospitals including coronavirus, cancer treatment.
- New Turkey Identity Cards are also included.
- No need to declare your wealth and source of investment for application.
- Turkey allows Dual & Multiple Citizenships.
- No Military Service required for TCBI Applicants
- Official EU Candidate Country, prospective Visa Free travel to EU member countries, all 26 Schengen Zone.
- Free Education and University Reimbursement Plans are provided
- Muslim country offering democratic and Westernised lifestyle.
- One of the Best Climates in the World throughout the year.
- Safe, Happy and Wonderful environment to settle with family.
- Traditionally very hospitable, tolerant and welcoming manner to all foreigners.
- Fantastic nature, wonderful beaches, green forests and lakes
- Excellent food, globally renowned Turkish cuisine, one of the few countries offering food security
- Superb Health Facilities
- Superb Educational Facilities
- High Quality of Life
- Easy to do Business
- Regional Powerhouse
- Highest GDP rate per capita when comparing with other CIP jurisdictions:
- One of the largest and strongest economies in the World
- G20, NATO Member
- EU Candidate Country
- Prospective Visa free travel to EU (Schengen zone) for all Turkish Citizens,
- Easy to obtain long-term, multiple entry visa to EU, US, Canada, UK and Australia for Turkish citizens
- Strong, Independent Legal System and Courts
- Fair Tax System
- Perfectly located, nestled between Europe, Asia and the Middle East and Africa
- Opportunity to relocate and live in Istanbul, one of the most beautiful and developed towns in the World or any other part of Turkey
- Superb Educational Facilities