The New Zealand Tourist Visa is meant for those visitors who want to enter New Zealand for the purpose of sightseeing or tourism. The New Zealand Tourist Visa allows a visitor to stay in New Zealand for a period of up to 9 months per 18 month period. It is generally a multiple-entry visa that allows tourists to leave and re-enter New Zealand. It is also known as New Zealand Visitor Visa.
Apart from visiting New Zealand as a tourist, a visitor visa may also be used by an applicant for the following purposes:
- To meet friends and relatives
- To study in a course whose duration is less than 3 months
- To perform in cultural events without any payment
- To play sports without any payment
- To undertake a business meet
- To undergo medical treatment
- Gateway Visa will provide assistance and support on this visa.