Australia Visitor Visa under subclass 600 is a temporary visa for those who want to travel to Australia as tourists, to visit family or for business . This visa can be in any of the below streams.
Tourist stream: It allows applicants to travel to Australia for a holiday or to visit family and friends.
Business Visitor stream: This is for business people who need to Visit Australia for a short business visit including conference and meetings.
Sponsored Family stream: This is for people travelling to Australia to visit their family. You must have a sponsor who might be asked to provide a bond.
Approved Destination Status stream: for people from the Peoples Republic of China who are travelling in an organized tour group.
The salient features of this visa are listed below.
- Spend your holiday or visit family and friends
- Study in the country for up to three months
- Engage in business activities while in Australia, provided you
- do not work for or provide services to a business or organization in Australia
- do not sell goods or services to the public